Journey the Isle and join The Quest for the Golden Pig!
Posted: 4th February 2019
Pig out to win big as you celebrate Chinese New Year with Robin Hill Country Park.
This February, Robin Hill Country Park is set to transform into a wonderland of lights and lanterns with the launch of Spirit of the Orient, an award-winning electric woods event, and one of the UK’s biggest festivals celebrating the Chinese New Year.
2019 is the Year of the Pig and to mark the most important date in the Chinese calendar, Robin Hill is partnering with Chinese restaurants across the Island to give away hundreds of prizes, including one special ‘Golden Pig’ reward, hidden inside celebratory Spirit of the Orient fortune cookies.
“Chinese New Year is a global celebration with more than a billion people joining in across the world. We are looking forward to welcoming thousands of visitors to our award-winning electric woods event, Spirit of the Orient,” said Alexander Dabell, Managing Director of Vectis Ventures.
To win the ‘Golden Pig’, or any of the other prizes, simply order a meal (worth more than £20) at one of the participating restaurants between 1st and 14th February 2019, and open your fortune cookie to see if you are a winner.
Participating restaurants include:
Hong Kong Express (Newport, Ryde & Freshwater)
New China House (Ventnor)
Royal China (Sandown)
Prizes include a free hot drink during your visit to the Spirit of the Orient event; 10% off admission; free single entry and free family tickets for four people. However, there can only be one recipient of the ultimate Golden Pig prize, which entitles the lucky winner to two Robin Hill Frequent Visitor Passes and VIP entrance to Spirit of the Orient (including food and drink vouchers).
To redeem your prize, simply bring along both the fortune cookie wrapper and the voucher included inside to the Robin Hill admission desk upon entry to the park.
Participants can find out more about the Quest for the Golden Pig and the prizes available across Robin Hill’s social media channels and on its website. For full terms and conditions please visit www.electricwoods.co.uk/goldenpig
Spirit of the Orient
Running from 6pm-10pm between 15th and 23rd February, Spirit of the Orient is a dazzling fusion of sound, colour, illuminations and oriental flavours amidst Robin Hill’s ancient, 88-acre woodlands, capturing the spirit of one of the world’s most popular celebrations. Featuring impressive new light exhibits, a 12-metre long dragon procession, new interactive woodland light shows, luminous lion dances, Chinese street food, entertainment and crafts, the festival marks the year of the Earth Pig and the traditional Chinese concept of ‘Wu Xing’.
Whatever their zodiac signs, guests can also get involved in an array of exciting oriental-themed activities and entertainment at the park, including the chance to:
• Discover, and even go inside part of, a 12-metre long Chinese dragon procession as it meanders its way around the park’s woodland ponds.
• Legendary in Chinese mythology, dragons traditionally symbolise power, strength and good luck.
• Enter the ‘Temple of the Giants’, an interactive astrology-inspired experience hidden amongst three huge redwood trees. Using a touchscreen interface, visitors can customise their own show on the floating walkway by modifying the style of the lighting and music.
• Tie hopes and wishes to the ‘wishing tree’. A symbol of good fortune, legend has it that the higher the wish on the tree, the more likely it is to come true.
• Design your own Chinese lanterns before lighting them and carrying them around the woodlands.
• Hold birds of prey, such as owls and falcons, and watch them soar through the skies.
• Savour the delights of an authentic oriental menu, including speciality Chinese pork dishes, served by the atmospheric woodland ponds.
• Guests can also toast marshmallows on an open brazier.