Alton, we're gearing up for Saturday... The Whiskey Affair
Posted: 26th April 2019
We're just putting the finishing touches to the festival on Saturday at our home venue of Alton Assembly Rooms. It's nice to come home to our familiar town and see so many friends, are you coming to join us?
There are still some tickets available if you'd like to join us. If you've got your tickets already, read on and get excited! (There are only a couple of tickets left on Eventbrite, so if that doesn't work, try here on SeeTickets!)
Here's the scoop for what you need to know to make the most out of the festival:
Alton Assembly Rooms location
Alton Assembly Rooms is just so easy to find, being right on the town's busy High Street, next to the town's War Memorial. It is less than 10 minutes walk from the Railway Station, which offers direct services to London Waterloo at least once every hour every day.
For town centre map, click on http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl
Alton itself is in the heart of the South and has superb links to all main road routes in the area and is also only an hour or so by train from London Waterloo.
BY ROAD: On the A31 and A339, Farnham 7 miles, Basingstoke/M3 14 miles, Guildford 20 miles and Winchester 18 miles.
BY BUS: Timetables and information from Stagecoach on 0871 2002233 or https://www.stagecoachbus.com
Live Music: Becki Short
She's a ray of sunshine at our events, and a day wouldn't be complete without her singing to us at some point. Ranging from war-time songs to Motown and Soul classics, we love this girl- and you will too. If you have a special song request, let us or her know on the day, she's always happy to do dedications!
Paul John Whisky
Shilton is back, and we can't wait to catch up! He's been away for a few at other commitments so we're looking forward to seeing what he's been up to and finding out about new releases in the range. Paul John have been busy since we last saw him!
Masterclass for Alton
Masterclass announcement time! We have ten spots for this session with Steve of Shine London to be booked online. Just comment on the photo HERE with your name and how many spots you'd like (for which session) to reserve and you're done! To make it fair for those that don't see this online, we also have ten spots reserved for those who arrive and get in the seat in time on the day.
Free samples throughout- you lucky fans, you!
We LOVE our Dream Dram range, they are always such a talking point! A special bottle that we are choosing especially for attendees to get their taste-buds exploding. We are proud to stock this little gem, which will be housed on the Scotch bar. We're thrilled to be sharing this with you, let us know what you think of it.
A few pointers for the day:
- Bring proof of your ticket with you (a printed copy or the email on a smartphone is fine).
- You will need to buy drinks tokens to get your whiskey. You can buy them as soon as you get in, and they are £20 for five. Cards can be shared between people, that’s no problem at all and they can be bought by cash or card.
- There are four bars: scotch / bourbon / whiskey and whiskey cocktails. There are also stalls from brands giving away samples and chatting to you about their range and processes, go and discover more about your interests as they’d love to talk to you!
- If you find a new favourite drink that you can’t wait to try at home, you are welcome to stop by our off-licence and buy a bottle to take home. Check out our website for links to purchase them through our retail partner if you’d prefer to buy them at a later date, we always have great deals on.
- Don't forget to access our mobile app to once you’re at the festival for lots of extra features and information on deals.
- Go and find the photobooth to capture your time in an imaginative way. Use it as much as you like - it's free and we enjoy seeing all your hilarious photos.
We're starting a Gin Affair in Guildford on 1st June at G Live. It's the same team and format, but we have 90 brands of gin to learn about and a whole host of new cocktails. We can't wait. Tickets are here, tell your friends about it as we can't wait!
If you have any questions, please ask at firstname.lastname@example.org