National lockdown - Stay at home
Posted: 5th January 2021
Last night Prime Minister Boris Johnson called a third national lockdown for the whole of England.
Coronavirus cases are rising rapidly throughout the country and the lockdown has been imposed to slow its spread.
You must stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.
What you can and cannot do
- You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave your home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible
Call the helpline
If you are affected by coronavirus you can call the Hampshire Helpline and ask for assistance.
The helpline is open 9am to 5pm weekdays and 10am-3pm on weekends: 0333 370 4000